Do you want to take solar power generation to the next level? Evolar AB was founded in 2019 and develops and commercializes a perovskite solar cell technology, PV Power Booster. Renewable energy is key to success in solving the climate crisis and our technology plays a vital part to meet future electricity demands, providing clean and affordable energy around the globe. For the purpose of scaling the business, optimizing the technology and developing new equipment, we are now looking for new team members. Evolar AB is located in Uppsala, Sweden and our 2500 sqm facilities include advanced R&D labs as well as a complete pilot production line.
Do you want to join our journey and be part of an experienced, passionate and fast-moving team?
In this role you will be an important player in our journey towards the market by supporting the preparation and execution of turnkey projects. In close collaboration with our Sales, Supply and Engineering team you will be responsible for the sourcing of equipment, key components, and services in conjunction with the delivery of Evolar’s PV Power Booster Line, as well as for materials and services needed for Evolar’s operation.
As purchaser, you will contribute to bringing Evolar’s PV Power Booster Line to the market and deliver projects to our customers. You will play a key role in the project planning phase by providing relevant information for transferring roadmaps into tactical execution plans.
As a person, you are well structured, flexible, self-reliant and goal oriented and can navigate in a start-up environment as well as large organizations. You will work within the team responsible for Sales, Marketing and Supply, reporting to the Director of Supply Chain.
Tasks and responsibilities
The tasks and responsibilities are divided into operational and strategic procurement activities.
The operational focus covers the purchasing responsibility in relation to the operation of Evolar’s HQ in Uppsala and includes office supplies as well as consumables for the pilot line.
The strategic focus represents the main aim of this role and includes the following areas of responsibility:
• Breakdown of the fully automated turnkey line incl. installation, commissioning, and technology transfer into goods and services to be purchased
• Clustering the goods and services to be purchased for a turnkey line
• Development of appropriate supply chain models
• Supporting the supplier identification, qualification, and selection process
• Supporting the value engineering process by providing commercial data for turnkey line design to cost
• Managing purchase orders
• Frequent operative negotiating as well as renegotiation with suppliers according to targets and claims management
• Develop efficient procedures for the area of responsibility
• Develop Evolar’s supplier evaluation procedures
• University degree or equivalent experience
• Solid purchasing experience in a global B2B business
• Experience in purchasing of parts and services for complex machine building and/or purchasing of process equipment especially for large investment projects
• Technical understanding of industrial equipment
• Familiar with operating purchasing related modules of EPR systems
• Strong communication skills, used to manage external partners as well as internal stakeholders
• Fluent in English
• Person of integrity
• Ability to travel internationally
• Experience of working in a scale-up company is a plus
If you’d like to be part of a young and ambitious team aiming to industrialize and commercialize the perovskite technology, please send your personal letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org.